Friday, March 28, 2014

Orange and White Ruffle Wedding Cake

I've been loving the color orange lately! Oh, you could tell by the blog design? Good! Anyway that might be one of the things that I love about this cake!

This tiers on this cake are 10", 8" and 6". The cake is white almond frosted with my Creamy Almond Buttercream Frosting. This is the second cake that I have made with ruffles on the side so I still could use more practice. Maybe I will try another one soon!

To make the frosting colors I started with a big bowl of orange frosting and an even bigger bowl of white frosting. The frosting tip that I used was 030. I have no idea where I got it from. I am assuming that it is a Wilton tip but I don't know for sure.

I started with my bag filled with orange frosting and did three rows of orange ruffles. After I finished, I added some white frosting to the orange to lighten the color. I used the lighter orange color and did three more rows of ruffles. I continued to do this until I got about 2/3 of the way up the cake. At this point I wanted to make sure that the top lay was white, so mixed the remaining colors before putting the rest on the cake so that I could make sure each color looked okay.

The flowers are made out of gumpaste with wires attached. The wires are then stuck into the cake.

Thanks for stopping by! I am always happy to see you Sitting At My Table!


No comments:

Post a Comment