Monday, March 31, 2014

Purple Ombre Ruffle Cake


Since I share my Orange and White Ombre Ruffle Wedding Cake, I thought that I share with you the first cake that I every made ruffles on. I made this cake for my niece's birthday party awhile back. 


Each layer on this cake is made out of a single layer of cake. The bottom layer is an 8 inch square cake, followed by a 7 inch round cake, then a 6 inch hexagon cake, on top of that is a 4 inch round cake, next comes a jumbo cupcake, followed up by a mini cupcake. 

I used the same method of decorating this cake as I did for the Orange and White Ruffle Wedding Cake. One thing I did different on this cake is that I frosted the whole thing purple before adding the ruffles. 

Thanks for sitting by! I hope you enjoyed today's featured cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment